Take Back The Data!
When: 2 September 2013 from 10.30am until 3.30pm
Where: Amnesty International Human Rights Centre
Who: any London Councils funded organisation (directly, or as a member of a partnership/consortium)
Info and Registration: http://civi.lvsc.org.uk/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=641
- Do you struggle with collecting monitoring data for your London Councils Commission?
- Have you always meant to use the information you collect better, but not had the time or expertise?
- Have you ever wondered how much more we would all know if we shared our data across the voluntary sector?
Then this is the event for you!
What we’ll provide:
We’re planning a fully participative event, led by a team of experts in statistics, data presentation and visualisation, and story-telling with data.
Unlike most other conferences or training events you’ve attended before – we’re planning activities based specifically on the data that you all collect. You’ll hear from people who have used their data in imaginative and powerful ways, we’ll introduce you to the possibilities for data sharing and LVSC’s new project, and then its over to you. In small groups, led by experts, you’ll work to share and analyse the London Councils data you collect, finding the stories and new, imaginative ways to present the findings. We’ll also work collaboratively to problem solve any problems you’ve been experiencing with your monitoring so far.
What you’ll provide:
To make this free event work, we need your participation from the very beginning. In order to be eligible to attend you’ll need to provide the following:
- A copy of your first quarter monitoring database, as emailed to London Councils (you can remove anything which you think would risk the anonymity of individual clients).
- A copy of the case study you provided London Councils with your monitoring.