Posted on behalf of Voluntary Action Camden
A short course for members of governing bodies or anybody who is interested in developing the
knowledge and skills required to be a member of a governing body in the voluntary or community sector. With the knowledge gained from this course you can become an effective participant in the governance of new and existing organisations.
5 May 2016 – 9 Jun 2016
Thursday, 17:30-20:30 £75/£26/£0 Book Info
Who is this course for
Are you interested in becoming a trustee?
Or are you already a trustee and want to learn more?
Or have you always wondered what trustees do?
No previous experience required to join this course.
The course is suitable for anybody interested in developing the knowledge and skills required to be a trustee in the voluntary or community sector or for trustees who want to learn more about their roles and responsibilities. The course will enable you to become an effective trustee participating in the governance of new and existing organisations.
What does this course cover?
* Introduction to the Role of a trustee
* Developing Governance – Responsibilities and Accountability
* Using Strategy and Structures
* Key issues to consider when becoming a trustee
* Liability and risks for trustees
* Charity Commission regulation and guidance
* Managing conflicts of interest and trustee payments+